Demagnetizing service on location
Goudsmit can demagnetize your products at your premises or ours.
For complex or very large products that are difficult to disassemble or to transport, our on-location service is the best solution. A demagnetizing specialist from Goudsmit will come to your premises with a mobile demagnetizing unit and solve your problem on site.
- demagnetizing (oil) pipelines
- demagnetizing large shafts or constructions
- the creation of a temporary counterfield to facilitate welding of magnetic parts
Demagnetizing service at Goudsmit
For incidental demagnetizing, Goudsmit can demagnetize your parts at our premises. This saves you money and space.
For this, we have demagnetizing equipment and a specialist team with abundant experience in demagnetizing tricky products.
- demagnetizing tools or dies
- demagnetizing shafts, pipes, lathing and milling tools that are too magnetic for welding
- demagnetizing (precision) parts whose function prohibits magnetism: piston rings, shaver heads, camshafts, saw blades, etc.
Our demagnetization specialists have a gauss meter with which they measure the magnetic flux density on-site to determine whether demagnetizing will provide the desired result.
Costs of a demagnetization specialist
Every demagnetization situation is different thanks to differences in material and shape. Demagnetizing is not a routine task. For every order, our specialists select the most appropriate equipment in combination with correct parameter settings for the best result.
The final price depends on location, dimensions, shape, material type, quantity, accessibility and handling of the product. Prices are, therefore, calculated in arrears.
For demagnetization on location/at our premises, we charge the following rates:
- km compensation: € 0.55 / km
- travel time: € 92.00 / hour
Setup Fee (one time): € 175.00 / job
Labour: € 125.00 / hour