What are the applications of neodymium magnets?
The use of neodymium magnets in high-tech electronics is very popular because of their high magnetic strength and special performance.
Neodymium magnets have the highest available magnetic energy density, with a BHmax value of 30 MGOe to 52 MGOe.
This strongest permanent magnet is built from Neodymium Iron Borium - NdFeB. Goudsmit Magnetics supplies these magnets under the brand name Neoflux®.
How do we prevent corrosion of neodymium magnets and prolong their service life?
Aside from being the strongest, NdFeB magnets also possess less favourable properties.
Corrosion, low temperature resistance and mechanical brittleness determine whether this type of magnet can be used within your product.
4 options to improve the service life of NdFeB magnets:
- A coating of nickel, epoxy or parylene, for example, prevents corrosion and prolongs service life. Coated neodymium magnets are also suitable in extreme conditions.
- Through magnetic alloy adjustments, certain neodymium magnets are usable at high temperatures up to 200 °C.
- A magnet assembly prevents chipping or fragmentation. Read more on the magnet assemblies page.
- Plastic-bonded neodymium magnets have a high resistance to corrosion. The advantage of this magnetic product is its manufacturability.
Complex shapes are also possible. The magnetic orientation is adjustable. Learn more about plastic-bonded neodymium magnets here.
Our magnet experts will be happy to help you. Contact us by e-mail: email@example.com or call +31 (0)40 221 3283 for more information on neodymium magnets.
Reliable quality and stable supply
How do we ensure manufacturability, reliable quality and stable supply?
The magnetic properties of each magnetic alloy are different. Many manufacturers deliver a quality that does not meet the requirements you set.
Over half a century, we have built up a strong network of controlled and certified manufacturers. In addition, we are IATF and AS9120 certified. We assess in advance whether your magnet can be made and whether the desired properties are measurable.
In addition to manufacturability, reliability and quality, it is also important that you receive a magnet with a stable price and delivery time.
- meet the right magnetic specifications
- are high-quality and reliable
- are certified and inspected.
As there is a lot of variation in NdFeB magnets, our team is happy to help you make the right choice. Send us your inquiry about neodymium magnets: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Goudsmit Magnetics, because a magnet is always part of a bigger picture!
Overview of the different qualities and properties of permanent neodymium magnets:
View the various qualities and properties of permanent neodymium magnets in the tables below.
Here you will find an explanation of the product key coding of permanent magnets.