Viscous products that tend to coagulate
These double-walled magnetic filters are designed for viscous liquids that tend to solidify against a cold surface. Only suitable for products that have low risk of bacterial growth, such as melted chocolate.
A warm liquid that flows through the double outer wall of the housing prevents the product from solidifying.
Construction & materials data
Click on a product variant to find the data sheet, drawings and other downloadable product information.
The industrial double-walled magnetic filter is very robust. It has EN 1092-1 PN16 flat flanges.
Equipped with extractor bars (Ø25/Ø23 mm) for 'quick-cleaning'. See tab 'Working principle' for explanation.
Summary of important specifications
- Magnetic bars Ø23/Ø25 mm
- Magnet quality N-42SH, 8,000 gauss on tube Ø25 mm
- Max. 10 bar / 140 °C
- Inlet/outlet: DN50-65-80-100 (EN1092-1)
- Materials - in contact with product: AISI316(L)
- Finish: grit blasted
- Material gaskets: Silicone acc. EC1935 / FDA
Available accessories & spare parts
Click on a product variant to find the online available accessories & spare parts.
Filtering & discharging of ferrous contaminants
Heatable housing prevents congealing
A warm liquid flows through the double-walled house. This prevents the hot product - such as melted chocolate - from solidifying against a cold outer wall.
How does the magnetic filtering work?
The magnetic unit with very strong neodymium magnetic bars is positioned in the middle of the product flow. The product with ferrous impurities passes several magnetic bars while flowing through the filter.
The magnets attract passing ferromagnetic contaminants; the captured particles stick to the magnets, while the purified product flows further.
How does the cleaning / iron discharging work?
Once the product flow is stopped, you take the entire magnetic grid unit out of the product channel.
Then pull the magnetic bars out of the extractor tubes, causing the ferrous particles to fall off the extractor tubes.
Cleaning / iron discharging sequence
- Stop the product flow
- Loosen the srew connections of the magnet unit
- Lift the complete magnet unit out of the housing
- Take the magnet unit out of the extractor unit and place it away from the extractor unit on a clean surface.
Catch the ferrous particles that now will fall off the tubes and dispose them
- Wipe clean all parts with a soft cloth and - if necessary - a suitable cleaning fluid
- Shove the magnet unit back into the extractor unit
- Place the complete magnet unit assembly back into the housing
- Re-tighten the screw connections
- Restart the product flow