Advantages of a Swan neck magnetic slide conveyor:
- no belt wear
- requires little maintenance
- no trapping of material, thanks to sealed construction
- no damage to product or conveyor belt
- dirt and moisture have no effect on operation
- completely sealed, no external moving parts
Operation of a Swan neck magnetic slide conveyor:
Magnets, spaced evenly along the length of a chain, are positioned beneath the stationary stainless steel slide sheet. The chain is driven.
These magnets thus move the steel parts along the slide sheet and carry them to the discharge end at the desired height.
Characteristics of a Swan neck magnetic slide conveyor:
- maximum conveying width: 575 mm
- conveying length: as desired, up to 15 m
- maximum conveying height: 12 m
- capacity: 9 - 42 kg/min (punch scrap Ø7x1 mm; 18 m/min; with 600 mm magnet spacing)
- steep angle of rise of 60 degrees