Liquids & powders in food & pharma pressure lines
The hygienic sanitary magnetic filter has been designed for use in the food and pharmaceutical industry, but not specially according EHEDG guidelines. It is cost-effective compared to our our EHEDG filters.
Due to the round bottom the filter empties automatically and is therefore very hygienic shaped. However, the filter does not have a removable bottom like the EHEDG filters, making it more difficult to clean.
Construction & materials data
Click on a product variant to find the data sheet, drawings and other downloadable product information.
The sanitary magnetic filter is a cost-effective, simple filter with a round bottom housing, suitable for the food industry. Because of this round bottom, the filter drains automatically.
For separating hard-to-catch small ferrous particles and for optimum cleanability, our hygienic EHEDG filters are better suited, due to the optimal magnetic contact on the removable flat bottom.
Equipped with extractor bars Ø25/Ø23 mm for 'quick cleaning'. See tab 'Working principle' for explanation.
Summary of important specifications
- Magnetic bars Ø23/Ø25 mm
- Magnet quality N-42SH, 8,000 gauss on tube Ø25 mm
- Max. 10 bar / 140 °C
- Inlet/outlet: screw-connections acc. DIN 11851
- Finish: polished
- Materials - in contact with product: AISI316(L)
- Material gaskets: Silicone acc. EC1935 / FDA
Available accessories & spare parts
Click on a product variant to find the online available accessories & spare parts.
Filtering & discharging of ferrous contaminants
How does the magnetic filtering work?
The magnetic unit with very strong neodymium magnetic bars is positioned in the middle of the product flow. The product with ferrous impurities passes several magnetic bars while flowing through the filter.
The magnets attract passing ferromagnetic contaminants; the captured particles stick to the magnets, while the purified product flows further.
How does the cleaning / iron discharging work?
Once the product flow is stopped, you take the entire magnetic grid unit out of the product channel.
Then pull the magnetic bars out of the extractor tubes, causing the ferrous particles to fall off the extractor tubes.
Cleaning / iron discharging sequence
- Stop the product flow.
- Unscrew the lid of the magnet unit.
- Lift the complete magnet unit out of the housing.
- Take the magnet unit out of the extractor unit and place it away from the extractor unit on a clean surface.
Catch the ferrous particles that now will fall off the tubes and dispose them.
- Wipe clean all parts with a soft cloth and - if necessary - a suitable cleaning fluid.
- Shove the magnet unit back into the extractor unit.
- Place the complete magnet unit assembly back into the housing.
- Re-screw the lid of the magnet unit onto the housing.
- Restart the product flow.