Liquids & powders in food & pharma pressure lines
This type of magnetic filter is designed according to EHEDG specifications, especially for the high hygienic requirements of the food and pharmaceutical industries.
The products to be transported are usually liquids or powders with a risk of bacterial growth.
Suited for pressures up to 10 bar and temperatures up to 140 °C.
Construction & materials data
Click on a product variant to find the data sheet, drawings and other downloadable product information.
This magnetic filter has an optimal hygienic design according EHEDG specifications. You can choose from various common connection types.
Equipped with extractor bars Ø25/Ø23 mm for 'quick cleaning'. See tab 'Working principle' for explanation.
Summary of important specifications
- Flat, dismountable bottom
- Magnetic bars Ø23/Ø25 mm
- Magnet quality N-42SH, 8,000 gauss on tube Ø25 mm
- Max. 10 bar / 140 °C
- Inlet/outlet: ISO 2-4"/DN50-125 welded tube or aseptic clamp joint DIN11864
- Finish: HDN welded, polished
- Materials - in contact with product: AISI316(L)
- Material gaskets: Silicone acc. EC1935 / FDA
Available versions, options & accessories
Online accessories & spare parts
Click on a product variant to find the online available accessories & spare parts.
Several interface connection types
- Weld tube DN50-125 mm acc. DIN 11850 R2/DIN 11866 A
- Weld tube 2-4" acc. DIN 11850/ISO 2037
- Ferrule aseptical clamp joint DN50-125 mm acc. DIN 11864 A-3
Filtering & discharging of ferrous impurities
The magnetic unit with very strong neodymium magnetic bars is positioned in the middle of the product flow. The product with ferrous impurities passes several magnetic bars while flowing through the filter.
The magnets attract passing ferromagnetic contaminants. The captured particles stick to the magnets, while the purified product flows further.
How does the cleaning / iron discharging work?
Once the product flow is stopped, you take the entire magnetic grid unit out of the product channel. Then pull the magnetic bars out of the extractor tubes, causing the ferrous particles to fall off the extractor tubes.
Cleaning / iron discharging sequence
- Stop the product flow.
- Unscrew the clamp connection of the magnet unit.
- Lift the complete magnet unit out of the housing.
- Take the magnet unit out of the extractor unit and place it away from the extractor unit on a clean surface.
Catch the ferrous particles that now will fall off the tubes and dispose them.
- Wipe clean all parts with a soft cloth and - if necessary - a suitable cleaning fluid.
- Shove the magnet unit back into the extractor unit.
- Place the complete magnet unit assembly back into the housing.
- Replace the clamp and re-tighten it by tightening the screw connection.
- Restart the product flow.