Using the combi gripper
With combined vacuum and magnetic force, the MagVacu combi gripper handles both ferromagnetic and non-ferromagnetic sheet material. It is suitable for picking up or gripping flat:
- punched or perforated steel parts
- non-ferromagnetic materials, such as aluminium and stainless steel
- automated processes on laser cutting machines
- robotized press brake and press transfer systems in the automotive and sheet metal industries
Benefits compared to vacuum grippers:
- no need to convert the gripper for handling different products, so more types of products can be handled by unmanned machines;
- twice as powerful, thus safer;
- the magnet prevents the vacuum from leaking;
- suitable for materials such as steel, aluminium and stainless steel.
Switching and control of combi gripper
The MagVacu Combi gripper is switched pneumatically.
Control is possible via a 5/3 valve in combination with a vacuum connection, or with a Goudsmit vacuum blow-off valve (see accessories).