Magnetic drum separators in housing - food type
These magnetic drum separators are suitable for the food industry. A strong neodymium magnetic drum removes small to very small ferrous and even weakly magnetic contaminants from your free-falling powders and granulates:
- 3000 gauss, for Fe particles from 0.5-5 mm
- 6000 gauss, for Fe particles from 0.1-3 mm
- 8000 gauss, for Fe particles and SS parts from 0,03 - 3 mm
Hygienic execution and finishing, suitable for the food industry.
- Capture Fe particles from 30 µm
- Max. particle size 50 mm
- Capacity up to 150 m³/h
- In stainless steel enclosure
- Magnet quality 3000 / 6000 / 8000 gauss at shell
Powders and granulates for food
- Prevention of ferromagnetic contamination in your finished product.
- Prevention of avoidable damage to machines (injection-moulding machines, extruders, mixers, grinders and other equipment).
Due to the continuous cleaning, the drum magnet is very suitable for product flows with heavy magnetic particle contamination. You can use them for dry powders and granulates in free-fall pipelines, or after a vibrating chute in belt conveyors.
The food / pharma drum magnet has a complete neodymium magnet system of 8000 gauss, making it stronger than the standard drum magnet. It is therefore suitable for removing ferrous particles from 30 microns and even weakly magnetic particles from 0.1 mm, from raw materials with a maximum particle size of 50 mm.
In addition, the food / pharma version has a housing that is suitable for the food and pharmaceutical industry, because blind spots are missing, the whole is smooth and loosely finished and only materials that are suitable for these industries have been used.
Different types for different applications
These type of food drum magnets in housing have a hygienic design to prevent bacterial growth. Dead corners are missing, the whole is smooth and loosely finished, and only food-suitable materials are used.
Also, you can choose from magnetic strengths 3000, 6000 and 8000 gauss. They therefore offer a solution for filtering large to small ferrous and even weakly magnetic particles.
- Our basic type drum magnets in housing are suitable for high capacity coarser raw materials like granules and fibres in the plastics and ceramics industries. The magnetic drum is only available in 3000 gauss magnetic strength, which is sufficient in most cases.
- Our pharma type drum magnets in housing have an extra high class hygienic design ánd they have a 12,000 gauss drum. This enables them to filter the smallest ferrous, weakly and even paramagnetic particles such as: stones, mud and insect excrement, from your dried raw materials (e.g. tea, spices).
Available versions, options & accessories
Click on a product variant to find the online available accessories & spare parts.
Filtering & discharging of ferrous contaminants
A drum magnet continuously and fully automatically separates ferrous particles, such as iron, steel and stainless steel.
A drum magnet is a stationary (180°) magnet segment, with a stainless steel rotating drum. The magnet attracts magnetic particles that are in the product. The drum carries the attached particles with it to the bottom of the drum. There the particles drop off and can be collected and carried away. For strongly magnetic particles, carriers are placed on the drum to ‘push’ the particles out of the magnetic field.
The advantage of a drum magnet is that it is a continuous cleaning/separating system, in which it is not necessary to stop the product flow to remove the magnetic particles.